Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Music for the Soul and Beyond

I got to work early this morning because we dont have cable at the new house yet and I have been missing Rock of Love. Yes, I love this show. And I don't know why. Maybe because I love rockstars. I like musicians and have dated a few. No one famous, no one you would know, but they were all musically inclined. And that's a trait I can appreciate.

After I watched my episode highlights and ate my bagel I clocked into work and set up some VH1 radio to keep me awake and alert. Music often enhances my mood.

There were a few bands reccomended to me that I wanted to ck out, so I looked them up:
Paramore
Flyleaf
Against Me
and some new stuff by:
Linkin Park


I love Linkin Park and their song Bleed it Out. OMG LOve it! I love vocalist Mike Shinoda. And I love the mix between him and Chester Bennington. I think the combo is killer and its what makes them strong as a band. Wow, gives me chills.

But I discovered something else while I was checking out my reccommendeds. Pat Monahan "Her eyes". I dig that tune as lovey-dovey as it is. I mean I am a chick, so why wouldn't I appreciate a tune written by a man who obviously loves his woman.

*sigh.. .

A man who loves his woman. What a thought.

Music can change my mood so easily, my thoughts, my direction. Some days I go thru my work day with no music at all. I listen to the conversations around me and get lost in my own thoughts and my life's To Do list. But when I listen to music I get lost in IT.

I still love the Amy Winehouse song Rehab. Her voice is just cool. I love her style, too bad she's an addict, but who isn't in that industry. A select few it seems like some days.

No comments: