Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Phoenix visit- labor day weekend

I went to Phoenix over labor day weekend. Got in at midnight in the middle of a storm which made the last 8 miles of my trip very scary considering it was coming down so hard there was zero visibility. That combined with the hail made for quite an 8 mile adventure.



I had arranged to stay at my friend Ryan's while he was away. I spent only enough time there to sleep. And to discover that his furniture was missing (2 couches and a computer screen) ... I spent Monday talking to the nice handsome officer who basically told me that there was little hope for my friend. Along with that I missed my breakfast with Angel and didn't have time to stop my and visit Tom's mom and sister like I had planned. So I left town.

But yes there is a whole trip in the middle of all that excitement so I guess I should back up.

Friday morning I got up at the crack of dawn and drove 60-80 miles (not sure the exact milage since its been a few weeks since then) out into the Florence area, you know where all the lovely state prisons sit. I happen to have a long time friend/ex boyfriend staying in one of them. (after my visit he was moved out to a kingman facility, future visitation is uncertain)

I had signed up for a special visit, so it was not the normal visting day (i had taken friday off for the occasion) (it was Tommy's birthday on Thursday). So we had the place to ourselves, with the exception of the gaurds of course. We pigged out on 20 bucks worth of vending marchine food and I told a bunch of stories that I am sure Tom didn't want to hear and a few that he did.

It was a good day, good to see him.


No comments: