Sunday, August 10, 2008

Jason left for Kansas

Sunday:
Jason left today. He just texted, hit the border into New Mexico. He's on his way to see a girl in Kansas, after that all depends on her, but he's spent the last 2 weeks scheming with her, making a life plan, and he's convinced that she's his female twin, or soulmate, whichever is less creepy to be romantically involved with.

I've spent the last 2 weeks trying to figure out exactly why I am sad he's leaving, while he leaps excitedly into his future.

Afterall we both admitted that we knew a week into the relationship that it wouldn't last long. I think it lasted quite a bit longer than either of us imagined. Maybe comfortable is the reason we stayed. Or maybe when you care about someone all the red tape of it not being right just seems less important.

I do believe that much, that I cared about him and that he cared about me.

No comments: