Wednesday, March 19, 2008

What I love

*I challenge you to make your own list. The only catch? You can't include a single person you know on your list. No "I love the way my husband laughs" or "I love hearing my little girl call for me." It'll be tough, I know. (Think about it, I couldn't include MOLLY on my list.) But this particular little exercise is about stripping away everyone who defines you and figuring out what you (not his partner; not their mother/daughter/sister/friend) love.

Ok so the challenge was set and Sara did it and anything Sara does I am inclined to follow, because she has good ideas, or knows where to steal the good ones ;)

So here goes:

I love slipping into a pair of jeans that are not only comfortable, but make my butt look good. I love the inside seam of the zipper of a pair of lucky jeans that say "Lucky you". I love the pink plaid Roxy shoes that are soft and fury on the inside and so flat its almost like walking barefoot. I love incorporating pink into my outfit and my life anyway that I can. I love covering my room with dozens to fake flowers and vines just because I can and because it reminds me of my favorite places to be.

I love feeling the sweat roll down my face when I'm punching the bag in kickboxing class and the way my fist feels as it connects and hits the bag. I love the smell if a brand new pair of boxing gloves fresh and mine. I love the energy I feel surging thru me as I punch. I love the cool night air on my skin after a good work out.

I love long hot showers when I can just close my eyes and let the water and steam hit me and sink in and wash away my aches pains and stress. I love when I can get my hair to curl just the way it should it stays perfect all day.

... pink orchids and stone buildings covered in vines, images of Tinkerbell that don't look cheezy, the excitement in the air of a hockey game and a full blown fight that unfolds on the ice in front of you. Being there in person to see it with friends and eat really bad expensive snack foods like the gooey fake cheeze nachos. I love the fear in my heart as it skips a beat as I am trying to get to my seat in the nosebleed section and am forced to stare down toward the ice and be certain that I am going to topple down the stairs and on to the ice and die.

an unexpected bouquet of flowers from the hands of a handsome man. A strong warm and manly cologn that you can snuggle into that is just the sightest bit sweet smelling. Dark hair, long sideburns or a goatee depending. The way a pair of plaid california style shorts hang on a man. And when the right amount of trendy and style is mixed in a t-shirt with those pants.

The quiet of an empty beach with only the sounds of waves crashing and the breeze blowing by.

The smell of fresh baked chocolate chip cookies or pumkin pie.

to be continued . . .

No comments: