Sunday, March 16, 2008

Nightmares

I just woke up. Almost in tears actually. Not quite, but almost. I had a nightmare.

I dreamed that I was upset with JimmyJames. And that I was removing him from my life. But that I kept running into him. And somehow was talked into following him where ever he was going. We talked about his 2 trucks. Not sure why in this dream he had two trucks. But the 2 trucks were actually one, anyway so we end up going to this huge building across this large parking lot. None of which I recognize.

Supposely we are going to his martial arts class? I think? He won't tell me much, as usual, he likes to suprise me. We rush into an elevator with a few other people. He gets that giddy look on his face that always fools me and kisses me. We get to our floor and he rushes off because all of a sudden we are late. We get to the room which is brightly lit and full of people kneeling on the floor in a church-esk setting. We rush in toward the front, there is hardly any room, leaving our shoes at the door. I am confused and kneel next to him. He raises his hand to get the "pastor's" attention.

"She's a guest today, can she stay?". The pastor says "She can stay if she sings a song. " On the spot I have no idea what to do or say. He says I can sing the hamburgler and stay. So the lead me up to the pulpit, or something resembling one. I am right next to the organ player. I am handed a very short page of lyrics and music. I am instructed on where to kneel and were to put my hands and how to sing the note "C" And then the crowd is silent. And they wait for me.

I look at the piece of paper in absolute horror. I had tried to protest on the way up here, but was given no other options. I didn't recognize a single lyric or note on the page. I tried to guess at how it should be sung but ultimately drew a blank.

The dream ends with me staring out at the crowd, who is dead silent, and me in a fit of panic.

I wake up feeling angry. There must be a moral to this story. . .

Added March 17, 2008:
i had a crazy dream last night, that made me realize something about this dream. I think it alludes to the fact that he can make me feel foolish and out of place. Especially out of place in his life. And I do feel like a fool. And I think that's where the anger comes into play.

No comments: