My Days are not without their sorrow, their worries, their problems, complications or arguments, HOWEVER I cannot ignore the many positives around me.
A job, that pays me every 2 weeks, steadily the most I have ever made on a consistant steady level. I don't worry about enough hours being AVAILABLE. I am simply EXPECTED to work the full 40. My check every other week is more or less the same, unless I work OVERTIME.
Financial Security takes one monkey off my back.
Could I be making more money, yes. And someday I will, but for now this works, it certainly works much better than my other 4 jobs since I moved here
Friends. Being roomies I generally always have someone to hang out with, Lea. Best friends since 7th grade, no one knows me better, and honestly that in itself can cause conflict. But at least when we do argue its short and we resolve it quickly. We agree to disagree and we do our very best to be sensitive to the other's concerns. The bottom line is we both look out for one another. Its nice to know there is someone around to lean on.
House, umm, waaaayyyy better than the apartment. We love our house. Of course its not without its problems, for instance the ghost that lives with us likes to mess with our lights, but that aside you can beat parking right outside the door. Not walking 3 flights of stairs, or the collection of heat that comes from living on the 3rd floor. Not to mention bike riding to the beach every saturday morning to watch the surfers has a certain appeal.
And last, but far from least there's the man in my life. Jim. Or as I prefer to call him, James. The moment he walked into my life I knew there was something different about him, about this time. I've been on the best behavior of my life. I've finally met a worthwhile man. He's intelligent, funny, sweet, adorable ... When I am away from him and think of him I get butterflies in my stomach, I smile and I blush.
True he isn't mine to keep just yet, but the feelings that this man is it, the right one, its overwelming. I have no questions on my side.
No comments:
Post a Comment