If you hold onto something too tightly you may lose it. If you don't hold onto it at all you will lose it.
The trick I think is to appreciate and acknowledge, but to step back and allow some breathing room. Allow said object to come to you on occasion.
As a child I would constantly chase our family dog. It annoyed the crap out of the animal and thus avoided me at all costs. But my sister pet it when it was around and ignored it when it wasn't near her. So most of the time when it ran from me it usually ran straight to her.
Maybe that's an issue I've never been able to shake. Wanting soo bad to hold onto something or someone I care about, but then to only drive them away because of it.
I think about these things daily. Because I don't want to repeat past mistakes. Especially when I finally find something or someone truly worthwhile.
Self doubt, curiousity, mistrust. These are obstacles in my path that I try very hard to push from my mind and remind myself of this very simple idea:
Just live your life. What will happen, will happen. What is right, will be. You can't force anything, and worrying does no good at all.
Release the negative thoughts of doubt, and mistrust. And trust one thing.
If its right then its right.
No comments:
Post a Comment