Wednesday, August 29, 2007

New Job

I started work last week for a company called USRES . (Not too exciting, you can see what it is by going to www.usres.com)

I sit at a cubicle all day from 7:30am to 4:30 pm and listen to my ipod and photoshop (crop, sharpen lighten and sometimes slightly color correct) photos of Foreclosed properties in order to make into a PDF for the clients. Making a PDF is easy ... I click "make PDF" and the computer does the rest.

Its slow right now, so there isn't much for me to do. It can be really boring, but there is a young dude who works in the photo department with me sitting in the cubicle next to mine. His hair is bleach blonde and is in a mohawk about 3 inches high. His name is Drew and he seems pretty mellow other than his hair. Not unfriendly, but I haven't really socialized with the coworkers yet. For the first few days I wasnt even sure I was staying, but now that the offer from Pictage has come in and its laughable I have decided to stay here. Pictage may have been more fun (casual dress and photoshopping weddings) but the pay was sad and the shift was going to be 4-midnight and the work was seasonal! NO MORE SEASONAL JOBS!

At least not full time seasonal. I need stability in my life. In a time in my life when men are flakey and I am moving every 6 months and I never see my family, I need something I can count on ... like a paycheck.

I hate to say its all for the cash, but when you live in Cali and you have any kind of debt at all, you gotta find a way to as much coin as you can. I'm hoping that by having a stable form of income I can destress and start to get my life back on track financially. Work on me first, then hopefully everything else will fall into place.

I live in Cali, have a decent job, a cool roomie and I haven't been all that depressed since I have been here. The weather is just nicer here. I still miss my peoples like Sara, Richard, Tom, Brandon ... But Life here has started me on a path toward happiness, I believe anyway.

I have also signed on with a wedding photography company called Bella. Its cool because Its pretty much pick up work when I wanna. As much or as little as I want. And they deal with everything except the actual shooting. All I have to do is shoot the weddding and 3 weeks later get a check. I like that concept. Frees me up to do more creative work on the side if I want. But pick up some work if I just want a check.

I'm hungry ... lunch is in less than an hour. I made Chicken Curry last night for the first time. Its not bad. I think I am going to fill one of my desk drawers with snacks ... Like Granola bars ... and rice cakes ...and PRETZELS!! Yay!

Trying to avoid unhealthy food. . . at least REALLY unhealthy food. Like candy bars, candy in general ... Any suggestions on tasty work snacks would be appreciated. . . I need to start bring my juice and i need to make some deviled eggs for snack time.

We have break for 15mins at 10am and 3pm .. lunch at 12-1pm. I call them snack time. Even though I snack at my desk all day.

1 comment:

Klick Here said...

Do you have a kitchen you can use? That really opens a world of possibilities. Like apple slices and peanut butter, which pack a lot of protein and keep you satisfied. Well, food wise at least. One thing to avoid-popcorn. Once you make it, everyone in the office will hate you because suddenly they will be craving popcorn.