It started with daily conversations I was having with this dude from San Diego named Oliver. He's 29, a skater and a keen interest in me. I decided to take the opportunity to go down this weekend and meet him, but before plans were finalized this handsome X marine sparks up a conversation. His name is Joe. I had a good feeling about him, but I played it off.
There was one more runner in the game named Russ. Actually a kat I met a few years ago when I visited Cali. He was a dude I hung with and liked, but not being local neither one of us were motivated to continue coorespondence. Honestly I have my reservations about him and his intentions, but I thought it might be nice to reconnect with him since I've become a Cali local.
At the last possible second I pick up another contender. Aiden. He's another skater, covered in tatoos. Most likely just a punk, but you never know. I dig the face and his tats and am interested in hearing if he has a decent personality to build on.
So I make the date for breakfast with the marine, since he lives in Oceanside and he's on the way to my destination.
I tell ya, I should have gotten there earlier and ended my day there. He had to work at 2 and thus leave me just before noon. Reluctantly. We talked about where we were from, family and interests over scrammbled eggs and bacon and toast.
To see his face light up the same way mine does when I talk about Elena when he mentioned his 3 year old nephew was enough to stop my heart. He's a family man who's been away from all his PA family since he joined the Marines. 26 and he already knows he wants his own family by 30. A MAN AFTER MY OWN HEART. He loves the outdoors, he has 5 tattoos and smells devine.
After breakfast we hit the parking lot to chat some more. I shared some of the music off my ipod, we found a few more things we had in common and a few we didn't. A stood there with my best come hither look hoping he would kiss me, but apparently that looks needs help. He drew me in for a hug and that was nice, but the first round went nowhere.
Then came the time for goodbyes, so we went for the goodbye hug and he went for the kiss on the cheek. This reminded me of the time I hugged Steve on our first date and Steve had told me later that he wasn't trying for the cheek, but I was too quick for him.
So thru my head I can feel, ok, he wants to kiss me. So I pulled back and we kinda stare at one another then we go in for another hug. Niether one of us was about to give up on this. So I start to pull away again, slowly this time, staying in close waiting to see what he does. And finally our lips meet.
I tell ya I felt as giddy as a schoolgirl.
Best date since my first with JimmyJames.
So yea then I reluctantly headed to SD where I met Oliver. Honestly at that point I didn't care. And when I met him I remembered why I don't date skaters ...
I think I should just leave it at that.
As for the other 2, I didnt have solid plans with either, and so it goes they both turned out to be flakes. Honestly I had low expectations for both anyway. So I drove down to mission beach, looked for a piercing place to get a retainer for my eyebrow and bought cotton candy and a tiki bar sign for my bar. Somewhere around dusk I got bored knowing and I can't drink and then drive home, so I just called it a day and drove home. Texting good ol' Joe along the way.
Status: reminding myself to not get attatched. But still siked over this marine's potential. Here's a photo of Mr. Handsome:
No comments:
Post a Comment